Fighter Movie Sees Impressive Advance Booking of Over ₹3.7 Crore
The much-awaited action film “Fighter” starring Hrithik Roshan and Deepika Padukone has seen an impressive advance booking collection of over ₹3.7 crore gross, excluding blocked seats, as of January 23, 2024. With over 1 lakh tickets sold already across India, the film is set for a huge opening when it releases on January 25, 2024.
Recent Released: DUNKI And SAALAR Review: Sumit Kadel Share Reviews On Twitter
Directed by Siddharth Anand and produced by Viacom18 Studios, “Fighter” is one of the most eagerly awaited films this year. The movie will mark the first on-screen pairing of Hrithik and Deepika, two of Bollywood’s biggest stars. Ever since the film was announced, fans have been excited to see the duo together on the big screen.
The advance booking numbers in the run-up to the film’s release show that the buzz and hype around “Fighter” has converted into genuine interest among the audience. As per early estimates, the movie has already sold over 1 lakh tickets for day 1 across India. The total collection from advance bookings has touched ₹3.66 crore. Adding the gross collection, the amount goes up to ₹3.7 crore and counting.
Advance Booking Performance in Key Territories
The advance booking for “Fighter” has seen excellent traction in several key territories across India.
- Maharashtra – Known to be a crucial market for Bollywood films, Maharashtra has seen impressive booking numbers for “Fighter”. Multiplexes in Mumbai and other cities have witnessed good advances.
- Karnataka – Bengaluru has taken the lead here with strong advance sales. The numbers are said to be tracking well ahead of Hrithik Roshan’s last release “Vikram Vedha”.
- Telangana – Hyderabad has seen one of the best responses for the film in South India. Ticket sales are higher compared to Deepika Padukone’s films like “Gehraiyaan”.
- Uttar Pradesh – Major UP cities like Lucknow and Kanpur have logged decent advance bookings, especially at high-end multiplexes. The film is appealing to Hrithik’s urban fanbase.
- West Bengal – Traditionally not a strong market for Hindi films, the advance bookings are better than expected. Kolkata multiplexes are seeing good sales for weekend shows.
- Delhi NCR – As the country’s capital region, Delhi NCR has shown promising advance bookings. The numbers are expected to see strong growth closer to release.
Apart from the above territories, cities like Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Indore, etc have also witnessed decent advance ticket sales.
Overseas Advance Booking
In addition to the domestic Indian markets, “Fighter” has also recorded impressive overseas advance bookings. As per early estimates, the film has crossed $300K from advance sales in international markets like US and Canada.
The overseas bookings are being driven by the buzz around seeing Hrithik and Deepika together. Their massive fan following among the Indian diaspora abroad has ensured good advances for the movie.
Comparison to Hrithik’s Previous Films
The advance booking performance of “Fighter” has exceeded Hrithik Roshan’s last solo lead film “Vikram Vedha”. The overall advances have already crossed that film’s numbers across India.
In terms of regions, “Fighter” has seen much higher booking rates in Maharashtra and parts of South. The high-end multiplexes driving the numbers indicate that the film is appealing strongly to urban young audiences.
Hrithik’s last blockbuster “War”, co-starring Tiger Shroff, had taken a record-breaking opening in 2019. While a fair comparison is not possible due to different release periods, “Fighter” does have the potential to come close to matching “War’s” day 1 numbers basis the current trends.
In summary, the advance booking trends point to an excellent start for “Fighter” at the box office. An opening day collection in the range of ₹35-40 crore seems achievable based on the pre-release buzz. This will mark an impressive return for Hrithik after the pandemic-impacted “Vikram Vedha”.
With positive word-of-mouth, the action extravaganza could enjoys a long and prosperous run. The combination of Hrithik’s star power and flashy action sequences has clear mass appeal. Come January 25th and we’ll know exactly how big a “Fighter” the movie turns out to be at the box office!
Comparison of Advance Booking Performance for Major Bollywood Films:
|Advance Booking Collection
|₹ 15 crore
|Tiger Zinda Hai
|₹ 6 crore
|₹ 5 crore
|₹ 4.5 crore
The table above shows the advance booking performance of “Fighter” compared to other major Bollywood movies. We can see that the film has exceeded “War’s” advance sales and is second only to “Pathaan’s” phenomenal pre-release business.
With over 1 lakh tickets already sold across India, “Fighter” has demonstrated strong pre-release demand. The ₹3.7 crore collection places it among the best advances for a Hindi film. These metrics indicate the film’s potential to deliver an impressive opening weekend at the box office.